Category: HOME, GARDEN & TOOLS
THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL INVENTION; THIS IS A SAMPLE INVENTION THAT HAS BEEN CREATED TO SERVE AS A GUIDE FOR INVENTORS TO PATTERN THEIR PRESENTATIONS AFTER. THIS INVENTION NEED NOT BE EMULATED, BUT OUGHT TO BE USED AS AN INSPIRATION FOR MAKING AN INVENTION PRESENTATION.
Note: This particular invention serves the purpose of giving an example of how a Plant Patent would be put to good use. I have also provided links to more information regarding the Plant Patent, below, to serve as a guide and referrence for those who would like to invent new species of flora and fauna. Seeing as the Plant Patent is not as heard of as the other two patent types (Utility, Design), I thought it would be a good idea to bring this more out into the open. So, here you will see a sample specifically for the use of inventions that would require a Plant Patent, as well as further information on the said patent type. I am not paid by anybody to create sample inventions for MFI. I also do not own the idea of the Rainbow Roses pictured in the photo slide. Rainbow Roses were invented by Peter van de Werken of the Netherlands, and he holds the worldwide patent to it. However, my invention below is not the representation of his invention, since I have applied my own method of breeding that is not similar to his own.
I call my invention, "Palette Roses", in order to represent an artist's palette of paints! No dyes were used in the development of these breathtaking roses, rather, these were all bred by combining certain aspects of the African Daisy (Dimorphotheca Aurantiaca) genome and also certain aspects of the Angel Face Rose (Rosa) genome. African Daisies come in the colours: Orange, Salmon and White, while the Angel Face Rose is a lavender-coloured rose that grows to 4-feet in stem height. Both the African Daisy and the Angel Face Rose are sturdy and hardy flower types that would be easy for you to grow and care for, in your own garden! By combining various traits of these two species, I've been able to produce a rose of fantasy that is not only breathtakingly beautiful; but that is also resistant to most diseases, hardy, and easily maintained!
As you can see in the photos, there are two types of hues that can be produced through this breeding process; one is a deeply saturated rainbow coloured rose, while the other is a pastel coloured rose that is much softer to look at. The emergence of either type is determined by climate where the rose is planted. Expect more saturated hues in warm/dry climates, while those in the colder climates will enjoy growing the soft pastels.
The price that you see in the mainfraim is the price for 1 dozen long-stemmed, premium Palette Roses. 1= one order of 1 dozen.
For any special orders (Bridal Bouquet, Wedding Centerpieces, bulk orders), please contact for a list of pricing details.
All bulk orders receive discounts; however, bulk orders placed through MFI will receive a whopping 50% discount! Definition of a bulk order: 120 long-stemmed roses and up.
Pricing for seeds: 18 USD (16.55 Euro) for 5 packs of seeds, 20 seeds per pack. 5% discount for MFI clients.
Free shipping throughout Japan. For everywhere else, shipping costs will vary depending on the rate of the courier of choice and your location in relation to Japan. We have partnerships with FEDEX, DHL and USPS.
"Sales To Launch" refers to one order of one dozen long-stemmed roses (which is congruent with the price listed, as well).
More info on Plant Patenting (Inventor's resource):
- Definition of a Plant Patent
- Yes, you can invent a plant.
- Cornell University Law School entry on Plant Patents.
- Plant Patents deal with photosynthetic life.
- General information on the Plant Patent, from USPTO.
POINTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- Do not present your entire method of breeding the new plant hybrid. It is okay to discuss which species were used in the cultivation; but do not unveil your scientific method!
Invented by: Joy Childs
Benefits it offers:
- The Palette Rose is unique and breathtakingly beautiful.
- The Palette Rose is a hardy rose that is easily maintained in a residential garden, which is also resistant to most diseases.
- This rose exudes a sweet, fruity scent (a trait acquired from the Angel Face Rose characteristic).
- The Palette Rose allows your colourful personality to shine through!
- Shower her with Palette Roses, because she's more unique and more special than anyone else! She's a Palette Rose!
POINTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- It's easier to keep the list of benefits simple when talking about flora and fauna. Keep your details straight-to-the point.
- Definitely point out the beauty of your plant species.
- Remember that a simple list of benefits always trumps a gimmicky, overly emotional broadcast of benefits. There is a way to stick to the facts, whilst addressing human interest at the same time. Find that balance.
Benefits Exclusive to Market Financed Inventions Clients:
- Bulk orders placed through MFI will receive 50% discount! The definition of a bulk order is one order of 120 long-stemmed roses and up.
- There is a five percent discount for MFI clients placing one order for seeds. One order for seeds is one order of 5 packs of seeds, 20 seeds per pack, the whole order costing 18 USD (16.55 Euro).
- If any of the roses arrive destroyed, MFI clients have the privilege of requesting replacement roses at no extra cost. This is a benefit for MFI clients ONLY. Benefit non-transferable to family and friends.
POINTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
- In some circumstances, benefits for MFI clients should be made non-transferrable to other people. For example in this case, flowers are usually ordered for someone else. You can only be liable for any damaged flowers up until the point that the client receives it; but you cannot be held liable for any damaged flowers from their point of origin to the person they are giving the Palette Roses to. So in this case, it is definitely needful to state that the benefit is non-transferable to others.
- Always encourage bulk buying, because this encourages clients in retail to stock up on your product.